1. Passion- The entire crew for a movie needs a lot of passion to make a good movie
2. Acting- Obviously acting is a no-brainer as a movie without good acting never does well
3. Comedy- No matter the type of movie there always needs to be a little comedy to stop the plot from being overly serious
4. Suspense- If we can always guess whats going to happen next the movie becomes really boring
5. Special Effects- To be engrossed in a movie, especially with today's standards, the special effects really have to make everything look real and create some action.
6. Surprise- Suspense alone cannot stop us from guessing what is going to happen next, surprises help make plot twists that would seem very un-expected
7. Emotional Impact- For it to be a good movie it needs to stir emotion in some sort of way. This is way it really grabs the viewer and makes them relate with the movie and enjoy it more.
8. Cinematography- Cool camera angles as well as well done filming help make a movie smooth so that the viewers don't have to think about the camera and what it is doing, only on what is happening in the movie
Wow factor - contains a message, idea or appearance that makes us sit back in our chairs and say "wow". Some aspect that makes an impact on us.
Visuals - a good film should contain images that are aesthetically pleasing to the eye
Characters - a good film contains characters that the audience can relate too.
Theme - conveys an idea that is universal to humanity
Acting - should contain good actors that hold our interest in the film
Script - the storyline and writing of the film should be strong, powerful, thought-provoking and interesting
Setting - the scene and location of the film should be varied to keep our attention, but also interesting and allow room for interpretation and different events to occur
Special Effects - Should be made to interest the audience but should also not look fake. The more realistic looking the special effects the better the movie, and the more we believe the movie is real.
The Crying Factor - any movie that evokes enough emotional impact from a viewer to cause them to cry means that they have succeeded in portraying a strong idea to the viewer and is a sign of a good movie.
This Mr. Smith's blog page for PASB IB Film. Welcome.